Middle East Monitor (10 January 2019)
This year will witness the return of all internally displaced Iraqis to the areas from which they fled in cooperation with local and international bodies, an Iraqi official said.
The Iraqi Minister of Planning Nuri Al-Dulaimi made the remarks during a meeting with Chief of Mission of the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) Gerard Karl Waite in Iraq.
The two officials discussed the return of about one million internally displaced people to their areas.
Al-Dulaimi called for increased international support to end the plight of internally displaced persons in Iraq and to support local governments in order to restore stability in areas recaptured from Daesh.
The wave of displacement in Iraq began in the summer of 2014 when Daesh took control of about one third of Iraq, leading to a war that lasted three years.
No comments yet.
- WHAT ARE GERMANY'S NO-DEAL BREXIT PLANS? Europe - EU 11.01.2019
- WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM RECOGNISES TATA STEEL'S NETHERLANDS PLANT AS 'FACTORY OF THE FUTURE' Europe - EU 11.01.2019
- IRAQ TO PROCEED WITH OIL EXPLORATION WITH IRAN Iraq 11.01.2019
- MACRON WARNING: ITALY LEADER THREATENS EU SPLIT BY DEFYING FRANCE TO MEET 'YELLOW VESTS' Europe - EU 11.01.2019
- EX-ARMENIA DEFENSE MINISTER FACES CHARGES The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 11.01.2019
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)
THE CENTENNIAL OF THE INDEPENDENCE OF THE THREE SOUTH CAUCASUS STATES: HISTORICAL BACKGROUND, CONTEMPORARY DEVELOPMENTS AND PROSPECTS OF PEACE AND PROSPERITY
“EURASIA FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF TURKEY AND MONGOLIA”
SECURITY, STABILITY AND COOPERATION IN THE WIDER BLACK SEA REGION