The Seatle Times (10 January 2019)
By The Associated Press
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraq’s oil minister says Iraq and Iran are jointly exploring two oil fields shared by the two countries, despite U.S. efforts to isolate Iran from global oil markets.
Thamer Ghadhban says Iraq is honoring an existing exploration agreement with neighboring Iran. He received Iranian Oil Minister Bijan Zanganeh in Baghdad on Thursday.
The U.S. has been pressuring Iraq to break its energy dependence in Iran since it reinstated sanctions against the Islamic Republic last year. Iraq imports gas and electricity from Iran to meet its energy needs.
The U.S. granted Iraq a sanctions waiver until March to continue buying gas from Iran, after which Iraq could face punitive measures.
Zanganeh said Iran was ready to increase gas sales to its neighbor.
No comments yet.
- KOREA VOICES 'DEEP REGRETS' OVER TOKYO OFFICIAL'S CRITICISM OF MOON AMID FORCED LABOR DISPUTE Asia 11.01.2019
- EX-ARMENIA DEFENSE MINISTER FACES CHARGES The Caucasus 11.01.2019
- FYROM NAME DEAL A ‘MODEL’ FOR OTHER REGIONAL PROBLEMS, TSIPRAS SAYS The Balkans 11.01.2019
- IRAQ DEPLOYS SPECIAL FORCES IN KIRKUK AMID KURDISH FLAG DISPUTE Iraq 11.01.2019
- RESIDENTS HELP GROUP OF 50 MIGRANTS TO SHORE IN SOUTHERN ITALY Europe 11.01.2019
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)