ArmenPress (11 January 2019)
Qatar will provide Iraq 1 billion dollars for restoring the country’s infrastructure.
In a recent meeting Qatar’s Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani reiterated to Iraq’s President Barham Salih that his country will provide the funds, the Qatari foreign ministry said.
The Iraqi president is in Qatar since January 9 on a visit. He arrived in Doha after negotiations with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who in turn is expected to arrive in Qatar on January 13 for a strategic dialogue conference.
According to the Qatari foreign ministry, the 1 billion dollar assistance will be in the form of investments and credits.
In addition, the sides agreed to develop commercial ties by establishing a ship route.
Edited and translated by Stepan Kocharyan
No comments yet.
- WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM RECOGNISES TATA STEEL'S NETHERLANDS PLANT AS 'FACTORY OF THE FUTURE' Europe 11.01.2019
- KOREA VOICES 'DEEP REGRETS' OVER TOKYO OFFICIAL'S CRITICISM OF MOON AMID FORCED LABOR DISPUTE Asia 11.01.2019
- QATAR TO PROVIDE IRAQ $1 BILLION FOR RESTORING INFRASTRUCTURE Iraq 11.01.2019
- CROATIAN DIPLOMAT RECALLED FOR ‘ATTENDING BOSNIAN SERB CELEBRATION’ The Balkans 11.01.2019
- EX-ARMENIA DEFENSE MINISTER FACES CHARGES The Caucasus 11.01.2019
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)