World Oil (9 August 2020)
Khalid Al-Ansary, Javier Blas
Iraq made its strongest commitment yet to implement deep cuts in crude production after the country’s oil minister and his Saudi counterpart held a phone call Thursday.
OPEC’s second-biggest producer -- and a long-time laggard in meeting oil-output quotas -- has faced mounting pressure to boost its compliance as the group’s patience wears thin. The country failed to meet its production-cut target in May and June, and removed just 11,000 barrels a day last month, according to tanker-tracking data compiled by Bloomberg.
The two countries issued a joint statement -- a rare move until recently -- in which Oil Minister Ihsan Abdul Jabbar pledged that Iraq will cut output by an extra 400,000 barrels a day in August and September. That’s on top of a previous commitment to slash 850,000 barrels a day in each month. He spoke to Saudi Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman late on Thursday.
No comments yet.
- FROM ARMENIA’S HEART TO BEIRUT: FIRST PLANE WITH HUMANITARIAN AID HEADS FOR LEBANON The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 10.08.2020
- OPEC PLUS PRESSURES IRAQ TO TAKE DEEPER CUTS AS NON-COMPLIANCE CONTINUES Iraq 10.08.2020
- TURKMENISTAN, UK ESTABLISH NEW TIES IN CREATIVE ECONOMY Central Asia 10.08.2020
- [KAZAKHSTAN’S] PRESIDENT TOKAYEV CONGRATULATES LUKASHENKO ON WINNING REELECTION Central Asia 10.08.2020
- EUROZONE RETAIL SALES RETURN TO PRE-PANDEMIC LEVELS Europe - EU 10.08.2020
Anastas Mikoyan: Confessions of an Armenian Bolshevik
Sovyet Sonrası Ukrayna’da Devlet, Toplum ve Siyaset - Değişen Dinamikler, Dönüşen Kimlikler
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2019
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)