MENAFN (21 May 2019)
By John Lee
The Netherlands has resumed its training mission in Iraq, following a brief suspension due to security concerns resulting from US-Iranian tensions in the region.
The Dutch Ministry of Defence announced that, after a re-assessment of the situation, its courses can be re-started.
A number of Dutch people are training Iraqi commandos in Baghdad. Peshmerga's are trained at the northern Erbil. The Kurdish fighters are taught, among other things, marksmanship, leadership and the protection of large areas.
Since 2015, the Netherlands has been participating in the international coalition that is fighting against terrorist organization ISIS in Iraq.
(Source: Dutch Ministry of Defence)
No comments yet.
- EU'S FRONTEX BORDER FORCE DEPLOYS TEAMS TO ALBANIA TO HALT MIGRANTS The Balkans 22.05.2019
- UK TO HELP AZERBAIJAN IN DIVERSIFYING ECONOMY The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 22.05.2019
- ARF ANNOUNCES UPCOMING RALLY The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 22.05.2019
- AZERBAIJAN, COLOMBIA TO DEVELOP COMPREHENSIVE CO-OP The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 22.05.2019
- SWEDISH MFA: NEW EU-AZERBAIJAN AGREEMENT TO DEEPEN BILATERAL RELATIONS The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 22.05.2019
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)