Iraqi News (21 May 2019)
by Mohamed Mostafa
Dozens of U.S. military vehicles have arrived in the American military base in Iraq’s western Anbar province, a security source was quoted saying by local media.
A convoy of more than 60 military vehicles arrived Monday at Ain al-Assad airbase in al-Baghdadi region, Iraqi Kurdish website BasNews quoted the source saying, adding that the convoy was escorted by tight ground security and an air cover.
Reinforcements have been on the rise at the airbase recently, the source said.
Tensions have risen recently between Washington and Iran as the U.S. administration sent bombers and aircraft carriers to the Middle East to counter what it described as potential threats against U.S interests from Iran. Tehran responded with warnings that it was ready to counter American threats.
The uneasy atmosphere prompted a number of Western countries to announce withdrawal of some of their military or civilian workers in Iraq.
Estimates put the number of U.S. troops at Ain al-Assad at 5000.
No comments yet.
- AZERBAIJAN, COLOMBIA TO DEVELOP COMPREHENSIVE CO-OP The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 22.05.2019
- ARMENIA TO HOST SUMMIT OF MINDS The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 22.05.2019
- DUTCH MPS: EU SANCTIONS SHOULD BEAR MAGNITSKY NAME Europe - EU 22.05.2019
- GREEK FIGHTER JETS OVERFLY NORTH MACEDONIA UNDER NATO TESTS The Balkans 22.05.2019
- EU'S FRONTEX BORDER FORCE DEPLOYS TEAMS TO ALBANIA TO HALT MIGRANTS The Balkans 22.05.2019
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)
THE CENTENNIAL OF THE INDEPENDENCE OF THE THREE SOUTH CAUCASUS STATES: HISTORICAL BACKGROUND, CONTEMPORARY DEVELOPMENTS AND PROSPECTS OF PEACE AND PROSPERITY
“EURASIA FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF TURKEY AND MONGOLIA”
SECURITY, STABILITY AND COOPERATION IN THE WIDER BLACK SEA REGION