Fox News (21 May 2019)
North Macedonia says fighter jets from neighboring Greece have carried out NATO-linked test overflights of its territory as part of the country's process of joining the alliance.
The defense ministry said Tuesday's two flights tested radar and communications coverage of North Macedonia.
North Macedonia has no fixed-wing military aircraft, and NATO has a program to protect the airspace of members that do not have sufficient means of their own.
North Macedonia is set to become NATO's 30th member by the end of this year, after NATO member Greece dropped its long-standing objections. The breakthrough followed a deal to normalize relations between Athens and Skopje that saw Macedonia renamed North Macedonia
The deal also cleared the way for the small former Yugoslav republic to pursue accession to the European Union.
No comments yet.
- EU-ARMENIA PARTNERSHIP IMPLEMENTATION REPORT: EU IS A CRUCIAL PARTNER FOR ARMENIA’S REFORM AGENDA The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 22.05.2019
- FAR-RIGHT HATE SPEECH FLOODED FACEBOOK AHEAD OF EU VOTE Europe - EU 22.05.2019
- EU'S FRONTEX BORDER FORCE DEPLOYS TEAMS TO ALBANIA TO HALT MIGRANTS The Balkans 22.05.2019
- UKRAINE PRESIDENT DISSOLVES PARLIAMENT, NAMES LAWYER WITH TIES TO TYCOON CHIEF OF STAFF Europe - EU 22.05.2019
- PAKISTAN, BULGARIA SIGN DOUBLE TAXATION TREATY The Balkans 22.05.2019
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)