Ekathimerini (10 January 2019)
The deal reached between Greece and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) on the name dispute can be a “model” for solving other problems in the region, Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras said Thursday.
Tsipras was speaking during a joint press conference with visiting German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Athens.
Describing Greece as a “pillar of stability in the region,” Tsipras said that the country, “from a part of the problem in the crisis is now part of the solution.
In her comments, Merkel said that “the name agreement with North Macedonia creates clarity and allows North Macedonia to join the EU and NATO. It will not only benefit Greece and North Macedonia but all of Europe.”
Responding to a journalist’s question, Merkel rejected speculation of a trade-off between Greek support for the Prespes accord and creditors’ approval of the cancelation of a planned round of pension cuts.
“There is no relation between the name deal and economic measures,” she said.
No comments yet.
- IRAQ DEPLOYS SPECIAL FORCES IN KIRKUK AMID KURDISH FLAG DISPUTE Iraq 11.01.2019
- POLAND WANTS A FORT WITH DONALD TRUMP’S NAME ON IT Europe - EU 11.01.2019
- EX-ARMENIA DEFENSE MINISTER FACES CHARGES The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 11.01.2019
- QATAR TO PROVIDE IRAQ $1 BILLION FOR RESTORING INFRASTRUCTURE Iraq 11.01.2019
- FYROM NAME DEAL A ‘MODEL’ FOR OTHER REGIONAL PROBLEMS, TSIPRAS SAYS The Balkans 11.01.2019
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)