Uluslararası Suçlar Ve Tarih / International Crimes And History (UST / ICH) is an annual bilingual (English and Turkish) peer-reviewed journal dedicated to the study of inter-communal, inter-ethnic, inter-religious, and international conflicts, crimes, and conflict resolution practices in the past and the present. For twelve years of its publication, the UST / ICH has been a platform for the scholarly investigation of conflicts, crimes, and conflict resolution practices that have occurred in the Balkans, the Caucasus, the Eurasia region, and the Middle East. The UST / ICH is indexed in the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey-Turkish Academic Network and Information Center (TUBİTAK-ULAKBİM), and EBSCO and DergiPark Akademik.
For more information, visit the website of the ICH at http://avim.org.tr/tr/Dergiler/Uluslararasi-Suclar-ve-Tarih-International-Crimes-and-History.
The UST / ICH calls for papers that focus on past and present-day ethnic, religious and national conflicts in the Balkans, the Caucasus, the Eurasia region, and the Middle East from sociological, political, historical and legal perspectives, and reviews of recently published books on these subjects for its 20th issue that will be published in December 2019. Given that the year 2019 marks the 30th anniversary of the emigration of the Turks in Bulgaria in 1989, the UST / ICH will give priority to the studies that focus on the issues related to voluntary and forced population movements in the Balkans throughout the history.
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 September 2019.
NOTES FOR CONTRIBUTORS
Manuscripts submitted for publication are subject to peer review. The UST / ICH accepts academic research that has not been previously submitted to another journal for publication. Submissions must be written in accordance with the standards put forward by the journal, and with a clear and concise language. Manuscripts that are submitted to the UST / ICH must be in accordance to national and international ethical rules and standards. Authors who submit their manuscripts to the UST / ICH bear the legal and other responsibilities that may arise from failing to observe these rules and standards.
- Manuscripts should be submitted via the DergiPark system at http://dergipark.gov.tr/ustich. After submitting the manuscripts via DergiPark, authors should also email the same file to Dr. Turgut Kerem Tuncel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Manuscripts should be in English or in Turkish.
- Manuscripts should be word processed using Microsoft Word.
- Manuscripts should be 12 point font, Times New Roman, and 1.5 spaced allowing good (1-1/2 inch) margins. Pages should be numbered sequentially.
- UST / ICH adheres to the Chicago Citation Style Notes and Bibliography System (17th A). The guide that provides examples of the Chicago Citation Style Notes and Bibliography System (17th A) could be found at https://guides.library.uwa.edu.au/ld.php?content_id=43524175.
- All manuscript submissions should include the following information on the first page of the Word document:
- Full name(s) of the author(s)
- Short biographical note(s) about the author(s)
- Professional position(s) of the author(s)
- Current department and institutional affiliation(s) of the author(s)
- Email(s) of the author(s)
- Full address(es)/phone(s)/fax details of the author(s)
- “ORCID” identifier received from https://orcid.org/
One photo of the author (original, in JPEG format) should be emailed to Dr. Turgut Kerem Tuncel (email@example.com).
The UST / ICH welcomes the submission of manuscripts as Main Articles and Book Reviews.
Main Articles should be 7,000–9,000 words including footnotes and bibliography. They should include an abstract between 150–200 words and 4–6 keywords (in alphabetical order, suitable for indexing. Ideally, these words should not have appeared in the title).
- There should be a clear hierarchy of headings and subheadings.
- Quotations more than 40 words should be indented from both the left and right margins and single-spaced.
Book Reviews should be 3,000–4,000 words including footnotes on recently published books on related subjects. Book Reviews should have a title. The details of the book under review should be listed with the following details:
- Author(s) or Editor(s) first and last name(s) of the book under review.
- Title of book
- Year of publication
- Place of publication
- Number of pages
- Language of the book
The editorial office will make every effort to deal with manuscript submissions as quickly as possible. All papers will be acknowledged on receipt by email.
For your questions, you can contact Dr. Turgut Kerem Tuncel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)