Thai News (22 May 2019)
The trade war between China and the United States has led to an increased US import tax of 25 percent which affects global trade and Thai exports to the US. The Ministry of Commerce has devised a solution to the problem by seeking enhanced cooperation between ASEAN and China.
The Trade Negotiations Department representative Oramon Sapthaweetham said today that Thailand is hosting a meeting of the joint committee on supervising operations under the 12th ASEAN-China Free Trade Agreement (FTA) and other related meetings from May 20-22, 2019.
The meeting will discuss important issues such as upgrading the ASEAN-China FTA, especially reducing or canceling tariffs on products that have not yet been liberalized which account for about 10 percent of all products.
This is a very important meeting in the midst of the global trade crisis. Thailand, as the ASEAN Chair this year and the coordinator of the dialogue with China on upgrading ASEAN-China FTA, has placed importance on discussions on how to ensure smooth trade between ASEAN and China, reduce trade barriers, open additional product markets and push for the protocol to raise economic cooperation between ASEAN member countries and China.
China was the number one trade partner of ASEAN in 2017 with a trading value of over 400 billion US dollars. ASEAN’s exports to China are valued at more than 180 billion US dollars, while the bloc imports products worth more than 250 billion US dollars from China.
No comments yet.
- UKRAINE PRESIDENT DISSOLVES PARLIAMENT, NAMES LAWYER WITH TIES TO TYCOON CHIEF OF STAFF Europe - EU 22.05.2019
- EU-ARMENIA PARTNERSHIP IMPLEMENTATION REPORT: EU IS A CRUCIAL PARTNER FOR ARMENIA’S REFORM AGENDA The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 22.05.2019
- AZERBAIJAN, COLOMBIA TO DEVELOP COMPREHENSIVE CO-OP The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 22.05.2019
- EU'S FRONTEX BORDER FORCE DEPLOYS TEAMS TO ALBANIA TO HALT MIGRANTS The Balkans 22.05.2019
- THE BRIEF: EUROPE OF NATIONS AND FREEDOM - A CLOSER LOOK Europe - EU 22.05.2019
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)