Foreign Policy (7 August 2020)
When Mustafa al-Kadhimi was sworn in as Iraq’s new prime minister on May 7, one of his main pledges was to bring every armed group in the country under state control, after almost two decades of nonstate actors wielding significant influence over the government.
Recent arrests in Baghdad show just how difficult that will be.
Overnight on June 25, members of the Iraqi Counter-Terrorism Service raided the southern Baghdad headquarters of the Popular Mobilization Units (PMU), a state-sponsored umbrella organization that includes several quasi-independent paramilitary groups. They arrested over a dozen members of the PMU’s 45th Brigade, which answers to the Iran-linked Shiite armed group Kataib Hezbollah.
No comments yet.
- TURKMENISTAN, UK ESTABLISH NEW TIES IN CREATIVE ECONOMY Central Asia 10.08.2020
- OPEC PLUS PRESSURES IRAQ TO TAKE DEEPER CUTS AS NON-COMPLIANCE CONTINUES Iraq 10.08.2020
- LUKASHENKO WINS BELARUS PRESIDENTIAL VOTE, ACCORDING TO OFFICIAL EXIT POLL Europe - EU 10.08.2020
- FROM ARMENIA’S HEART TO BEIRUT: FIRST PLANE WITH HUMANITARIAN AID HEADS FOR LEBANON The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 10.08.2020
- EUROZONE RETAIL SALES RETURN TO PRE-PANDEMIC LEVELS Europe - EU 10.08.2020
Anastas Mikoyan: Confessions of an Armenian Bolshevik
Sovyet Sonrası Ukrayna’da Devlet, Toplum ve Siyaset - Değişen Dinamikler, Dönüşen Kimlikler
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2019
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)