AP News (13 February 2020)
Hundreds of Iraqi women took to the streets of central Baghdad and southern Iraq on Thursday in defiance of a radical cleric’s calls for gender segregation at anti-government protest sites.
An anti-government protest movement began Oct. 1 to decry rampant corruption, poor services and unemployment in Baghdad and Iraq’s predominantly Shiite south. Over 500 have died since then under fire from security forces using live bullets and tear gas to disperse crowds. The protests have been unique because they have drawn both men and women who have camped out alongside each other in protest squares, a rare occurrence in Iraq, a conservative majority Muslim country.
Please click to read the rest of the article: https://apnews.com/d584ba1f43af00804d32db7c436f4622
No comments yet.
- OMBUDSMAN OPENS INQUIRY INTO EU COMMISSION’S GAS STANCE Europe - EU 14.02.2020
- REPUBLIKA SRPSKA [PLANS TO LEAVE] BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA, UNITED STATES WILL NOT STOP US The Balkans 14.02.2020
- WOMEN PROTESTERS IN IRAQ DEFY RADICAL CLERIC, TAKE TO STREET Iraq 14.02.2020
- FORMER CHANCELLOR GERHARD SCHRÖDER ACCUSES ANGELA MERKEL OF 'FATAL MISTAKES' Europe - EU 14.02.2020
- TOP EU DIPLOMAT WANTS EUROPEAN STRATEGY FOR MIDDLE EAST PEACE Europe - EU 14.02.2020
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)
THE CENTENNIAL OF THE INDEPENDENCE OF THE THREE SOUTH CAUCASUS STATES: HISTORICAL BACKGROUND, CONTEMPORARY DEVELOPMENTS AND PROSPECTS OF PEACE AND PROSPERITY
“EURASIA FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF TURKEY AND MONGOLIA”
SECURITY, STABILITY AND COOPERATION IN THE WIDER BLACK SEA REGION