*AVİM's note: Yet another example for the EU to realize the gravity of the mistake it has committed by admitting the Greek Cypriot Administration of Southern Cyprus as an EU member in clear violation of its own rules and principles.
EU Observer (11 September 2020)
By Andrew Rettman
Cyprus(*) is holding hostage EU sanctions on Belarus in return for a new Turkey blacklist, EU sources have said, as Greek and Turkish ministers traded harsh words in the European Parliament (EP).
The Cypriot president, Nicos Anastasiades, agreed, along with the 26 other EU leaders at a summit in August, to impose visa bans and asset freezes on Belarusian officials guilty of violence and election rigging.
(*) AVİM uses "Cyprus" as a geographic name. AVİM considers the expression "Republic of Cyprus" to mean the Greek Cypriot Administration of Southern Cyprus.
No comments yet.
- BULGARIA REPEATS THREAT TO BLOCK NORTH MACEDONIA OVER HISTORY FEUD The Balkans 16.09.2020
- EMOMALI RAHMON PROMISES TO DOUBLE TAJIKISTAN'S GDP IN SEVEN YEARS Central Asia 16.09.2020
- KAZAKHSTAN ATTENDS 15TH MEETING OF SECRETARIES OF SCO SECURITY COUNCILS Central Asia 16.09.2020
- 'THIS IS THE MOMENT FOR THE EU TO LEAD THE WAY,' SAYS EU CHIEF URSULA VON DER LEYEN Europe - EU 16.09.2020
- EU CALLS FOR UN MONITORING OF BELARUS RIGHTS ABUSES Europe - EU 16.09.2020
Anastas Mikoyan: Confessions of an Armenian Bolshevik
Sovyet Sonrası Ukrayna’da Devlet, Toplum ve Siyaset - Değişen Dinamikler, Dönüşen Kimlikler
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2019
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)