Russian News Agency (11 June 2019)
Russian President Vladimir Putin will hold a meeting with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 13 in Bishkek, ahead of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit, Russian President’s aide Yuri Ushakov told reporters on Tuesday.
"There will be a meeting with re-elected Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. We put a lot of emphasis to this contact, we were actively cooperating with Modi in the last term, the President congratulated him on his convincing election victory," Ushakov said. "This conversation with Modi immediately after his victory was very important for us, and we specifically agreed that this contact will be the first on our agenda in Bishkek."
According to Ushakov, the key topic of the meeting will be expansion of trade and economic ties between the two countries. He recalled that last year the Russia-India trade volume rose by more than 17% to reach $11 billion. The parties implement mutually beneficial projects, primarily in the oil and gas sphere and nuclear energy. Moscow and Delhi have completed the procedures requires to launch talks on reaching a free trade agreement between the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) and India, Ushakov added. He recalled that the document is suggested to be limited only to agreements on the flow of goods.
No comments yet.
- SOCAR REDUCES FUNDS PLACED IN INT'L BANK OF AZERBAIJAN The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 11.06.2019
- TURKEY SETS UP EXPERT GROUP ON IRAQ WATER PROJECTS Iraq 11.06.2019
- IN NOD TO GEORGIA, ARMENIA CHANGES UN VOTE The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 11.06.2019
- MONTI: NATIONALIST PARTIES TEMPER THE EU IN VIEW OF FUTURE ATTACKS Europe - EU 11.06.2019
- ALBANIAN-SERBIAN ONLINE DICTIONARY PROJECT LAUNCHED IN KOSOVO The Balkans 11.06.2019
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)