EurActiv (22 May 2020)
By Jakub Janda and Nathalie Vogel
The Chinese government has flooded the European information space with disinformation, in an effort to control the narrative around the pandemic and divert the blame. This poisonous environment created by Chinese info-war operations calls for resolute answers, writes Jakub Janda and Nathalie Vogel.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, the Chinese government has made an extraordinary effort to control the narrative around the pandemic, flooding social media with disinformation. DHS reports have concluded that these efforts first aimed to belittle the severity of the virus, then to downplay its scope in order to gain time to purchase medical equipment worldwide.
The goal of Chinese state propaganda is to divert the blame for the outbreak to foreign entities while sowing discord among Western allies.
No comments yet.
- HUNGARY TO CLOSE TRANSIT ZONES AFTER EUROPEAN COURT RULING Europe - EU 22.05.2020
- NO: 105, 21 MAY 2020, PRESS RELEASE REGARDING THE RESOLUTION ADOPTED BY THE SENATE OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC ON 20 MAY 2020 The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 22.05.2020
- THAT GERMAN COURT RULING HURTS EU RULE-OF-LAW FIGHTBACK Europe - EU 22.05.2020
- AZERBAIJAN’S DEFENSE MINISTER OPENS NEW MILITARY UNITS AND INSPECTS FACILITIES UNDER CONSTRUCTION IN FRONTLINE ZONE The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 22.05.2020
- KAZAKHSTAN COMMITS TO NEW OPEC AGREEMENT, LOWER OIL PRODUCTION Central Asia 22.05.2020
Sovyet Sonrası Ukrayna’da Devlet, Toplum ve Siyaset - Değişen Dinamikler, Dönüşen Kimlikler
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2019
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)
CURRENT REFUGEE MOVEMENTS IN ASIA AND THEIR REFLECTIONS ON TURKEY