Arab News (12 September 2019)
The commercial operation of the Arar border crossing between Saudi Arabia and Iraq will begin on Oct.15 on a trial basis, the Kingdom’s ambassador to Iraq Abdul Aziz Al-Shammari said Thursday.
Al-Shammari and Iraq’s ambassador to the Kingdom Qahtan Al-Janabi inspected the border crossing which will also be used by Hajj and Umrah pilgrims throughout the year.
Al-Shammari said that the opening of the crossing “will be a qualitative leap in strengthening Saudi-Iraqi relations,” and will increase trade between the two countries.
The border had been closed since 1990 when relations between Saudi Arabia and Iraq deteriorated following Saddam Hussein’s invasion of Kuwait.
The Saudi town of Arar is 70 kilometers from the Iraqi border.
No comments yet.
- DIALOGUE BETWEEN GEORGIA AND RUSSIA IN PRAGUE TO CONTINUE, SAYS GEORGIAN OFFICIAL The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 12.09.2019
- KAZAKHSTAN: AFTER XINJIANG, THE LONG ROAD TO RECOVERY Central Asia 12.09.2019
- SPAIN: CATALAN SEPARATISTS RALLY IN BARCELONA Europe - EU 12.09.2019
- GREECE SUPPORTS BULGARIA FOR SCHENGEN The Balkans 12.09.2019
- CONTROVERSY IN IRAQ AFTER SADR JOINS KHAMENEI, SOLEIMANI AT IRAN CEREMONY Iraq 12.09.2019
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)
THE CENTENNIAL OF THE INDEPENDENCE OF THE THREE SOUTH CAUCASUS STATES: HISTORICAL BACKGROUND, CONTEMPORARY DEVELOPMENTS AND PROSPECTS OF PEACE AND PROSPERITY
“EURASIA FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF TURKEY AND MONGOLIA”
SECURITY, STABILITY AND COOPERATION IN THE WIDER BLACK SEA REGION