The New Arab (11 June 2019)
While Iraq's long-term prosperity has remain intertwined with the petroleum industry since the country gained independence in 1932, Iraqi entrepreneurs, environmentalists, and officials anticipate their nation-state taking a different path in the coming years.
Many Iraqis believe that renewable energy and solar power in particular can sustain Iraq's economic growth in an era when the international community and the world economy are beginning to prioritise sustainable development over fossil fuels. If all goes according to plan, solar panels will start to replace oil wells throughout the Iraqi countryside.
To read the rest of the article, please click: https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/indepth/2019/6/11/replacing-oil-wells-with-solar-panels-in-iraq
No comments yet.
- ESTONIA LEADS EMERGING EUROPE IN EU’S DIGITAL ECONOMY AND SOCIETY INDEX Europe - EU 12.06.2019
- ENF PROMISES 'NEW' FAR-RIGHT GROUP Europe - EU 12.06.2019
- ARMENIA STANDS TO BENEFIT FROM EURASIAN ECONOMIC UNION, IRAN TRADE DEAL The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 12.06.2019
- EU SPLIT ON WESTERN BALKANS ACCESSION The Balkans 12.06.2019
- SINGLE EU PARLIAMENT SEAT SHOULD BE IN STRASBOURG, SAYS OFFICIAL Europe - EU 12.06.2019
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)