Tehran Times (11 February 2019)
TEHRAN – Iran's Energy Minister Reza Ardakanian said Iranian private sector is going to contribute to rebuilding and overhauling Iraq’s damaged power plants, IRIB reported.
Ardakanian made the remarks after signing an initial agreement to boost cooperation in the fields of power generation and exports as well as the transfer of power industry technology with Iraqi Minister of Electricity Luay al-Khatib in Tehran on February 8.
According to the Iranian official, aligning the two countries electricity systems, construction of power plants as well as reduction of energy losses in Iraqi electricity network are among other provisions of this agreement.
He further noted that a task force will be set up to follow up on the implementation of the provisions of this agreement, saying that the Iraqi government is ready to implement all the provisions.
As reported, Iran also signed an agreement to extend exports of 1,200 megawatts (MW) of electricity to Iraq.
The deal was inked by the managing director of Iran’s Power Generation and Distribution Company (known as TAVANIR) Mohammad Hassan Motevalizadeh and the Iraqi deputy electricity minister in Tehran on Friday.
Under the latest contract between the two countries, Iran exports 1,200 MW of electricity to Iraq every year through three power transmission lines in Basrah, Diyala and Amarah.
No comments yet.
- GEORGIAN FOREIGN MINISTER HOLDS MEETING WITH OSCE CHAIR The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 12.02.2019
- ISIS ADAPTING INTO A COVERT THREAT BEYOND IRAQ AND SYRIA Iraq 12.02.2019
- PRESIDENT ALIYEV RECEIVES CHAIRMAN OF DUTCH-AZERBAIJAN FRIENDSHIP The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 12.02.2019
- RUSSIAN PRESIDENT’S SPECIAL REPRESENTATIVE DUE IN AZERBAIJAN The Caucasus and Turkish-Armenian Relations 12.02.2019
- IRAQ STILL AT ODDS WITH EXXON, PETROCHINA OVER PROJECT: MINISTER Iraq 12.02.2019
Türk-Ermeni Uyuşmazlığı Üzerine Ömer Engin Lütem Konferansları 2018
Ermeni Sorunuyla İlgili İngiliz Belgeleri (1912-1923) - British Documents on Armenian Question (1912-1923)
Turkish-Russian Academics: A Historical Study on the Caucasus
Gürcistan'daki Müslüman Topluluklar: Azınlık Hakları, Kimlik, Siyaset
Armenian Diaspora: Diaspora, State and the Imagination of the Republic of Armenia
Ermeni Sorunu Temel Bilgi ve Belgeler (2. Baskı)